ヘッダー

2020/12/13

The Coming Wave of Digitization

 

I'm sure you read about 100 or 200 books a month. I know that. I know that you are reading about 300 or 400 books a month.


So, what do you use to read those books? I mean "e-books" or "paper books"?


I'm not greedy and I don't want to have more things around me, but I always buy paper books. I always buy paper books because "the screen of a smartphone is too small to read a large amount of text.


I've already cancelled my iPad because I don't use it often enough, so if I want to read e-books, I'll use my phone or an e-reader, but I think it's hard to "glance over a two-page spread" on a phone screen. Well, I've never bought an e-book before, so I'm just imagining. Also, I think it would be a pain to go back and read the previous part of the book while keeping the current reading position. I'm sure there's a bookmark function for that anyway, though.


The problem with e-readers is that there are so many different types. It's a pain in the ass to figure out which one is best for something you don't really feel the need for. If there were only one type of e-reader in the world, I would buy one and give it a try.


By the way, a little bit of research shows that the publishing market (sales) in 2019 will be "4:1" for paper books and e-books. It seems that e-books are expanding their market share rapidly, so it may not be long before the ratio reverses.


By the way, in the music market, the ratio of "music software (packaged): music distribution (digital)" is 76:24, or about 3:1, so it seems that the digitization of music is more advanced. However, there's not as much difference between music and books as I thought.


I think I'll try buying an e-book next time.


Oh, Simon Singh's "Anatomy of Alternative Medicine" (paper book) has arrived.





Spotify_KANASHIBARI


Apple Music_KANASHIBARI

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿