ヘッダー

2020/12/14

Pre-reading Comments

 

I received a copy of Simon Singh's "Anatomy of an Alternative Medicine" and started reading it immediately. I've only read the preface, but I already know the main idea and conclusion of the book, as there are plenty of spoilers and impressions of the book lying around.


This book is a scientific study and evaluation of alternative medicine such as acupuncture and chiropractic, and as for my own experience with alternative medicine, I have been impressed by its effectiveness on two occasions.


The first time was acupuncture for a sprained back. The day after I got it, I could hardly walk, but I managed to get to a local acupuncture clinic by clinging to a single car, and after receiving acupuncture, I recovered at once. I was told that acupuncture does not directly cure the bad part of the body, but encourages the body's power to recover. By the way, right after I got acupuncture, I was anemic and couldn't get up for a while.


The second time was for physical therapy for a mis-sleep. I went to an osteopath because I had been experiencing pain in the back of my neck for a few years, and it was restricting my movement. I went to an osteopath, who gave me a rather standard treatment and then said, "It's healed, right? I told him that I still had some pain in the back of my body, and it was amazing from there. I was repeatedly attacked like a Mongolian chop by Killer Khan, to the point where my neck was seriously ripped off, and the treatment for that day ended with me looking like a rag with no idea what was going on. For a few days after I returned home, the pain in my neck was so bad that I couldn't even move it, but when the pain subsided, the original misuse of my neck was completely healed. Incidentally, right after the treatment, I had anemia and could not get up for a while.


Since these are the two so-called alternative treatments that I recognize as "definitely effective," my current conclusion is that "alternative treatments that cause anemia are effective.


I wonder how reading this book will change that. Or will it not?






Spotify_KANASHIBARI


Apple Music_KANASHIBARI

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿