ヘッダー

2020/12/08

Boss feeling


It's a BOSS feeling, isn't it?


I'm talking about effects pedals.


BOSS is a leading Japanese brand of effects pedals by Roland, and there is definitely a BOSS-like sound to it. I used to use BOSS BD-2 (Blues Driver) a long time ago when I was using JazzMaster, but I don't think I've used any BOSS effect pedals since I started using humbucker guitars. I don't like humbuckers because I think they have more of a "BOSS feel" to them.


Then I happened to find an interesting video.



According to this video, changing the solder on the board and the wiring materials used will eliminate (reduce) the BOSS feeling. Even if the difference in sound that can be seen in the video is small, what's important is the player's experience. The person playing it says, "Oh! Whether it feels good or not has a huge impact on my performance.


Although I'm not good at the BOSS-esque sound, there's no doubt that BOSS effectors are extremely excellent, and I sometimes wonder if I can't use them well. I'm always frustrated when I'm a humbucker.


But I've been thinking for a long time that the so-called "BOSS feeling" might be greatly influenced by the way it looks. In my opinion, the "BOSS feel" is something like a square sound, but not necessarily a sharp angle. But it's not a sharp angle; it looks like a bento box. And it's a little bit choppy." This is the same as the appearance of a BOSS compact effects unit. I'm wondering if that visual image is a major factor in making it sound like that.







Spotify_KANASHIBARI


Apple Music_KANASHIBARI

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿