ヘッダー

2020/12/18

I don't know what's going on anymore


 It's so cold. It's so cold that I don't know what's going on anymore.


Until about three years ago, I used to travel around Tokyo almost entirely by car (if I didn't drink alcohol). Riding a single car in this cold weather seems like an unimaginable hardship, but until three years ago, I was willingly throwing myself into that hardship. I don't understand it at all.


By the way, when I say it's cold in December or January, people often say, "Actually, the coldest month is February! But the coldest month is January. To be precise, the lowest temperature of the year is usually recorded in February, but the average lowest temperature of the month is lower in January. After 10 minutes of riding, I found myself saying "oooohhhhh" without even realizing it.


I was curious to see the past data from the Japan Meteorological Agency, and I found that January is much colder than February.


Japan Meteorological Agency


I was surprised to see that the average minimum temperature in January has been below 0℃ almost every year until 1963. That's just too cold... I don't know what's going on here.


Of course, if you run with the wind blowing, the temperature you feel will be much lower than the actual temperature. It is often said that "for every 1m/s increase in wind speed, the sensory temperature decreases by about 1℃", but that seems to be a very approximate story, so I wondered what the truth was.



"WC" stands for "Windchill", i.e. the temperature you feel, "TF" for temperature in degrees Fahrenheit, and "vmi/h" for wind speed in miles per hour. I hope you'll refer to this formula when you're calculating your temperature!






KANASHIBARI Channel

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿