ヘッダー

2020/12/21

Placebo


 I'm currently reading through "Anatomy of Alternative Medicine" in every possible gap of time, and I can't help but look at "Golden Apples of the Sun" which is standing by to be read next.


At any rate, I've read through the part where the results of scientific clinical trials concluded that the effects of "acupuncture" are almost entirely due to the placebo (placebo) effect.


So I guess the acupuncture that cured me of my back pain in one shot was actually a placebo effect.


What I'm wondering is that the same practitioner also examined me on another occasion for the neck muscle discrepancy I wrote about in the article above. Not with acupuncture, but with an osteopathic technique. I think my trust in that practitioner was quite high, but that one had no effect at all. If it was due to the placebo effect, it would have cured me, too.


Well, I can't confirm or deny with just one experience. It is because of this that "scientific clinical trials" are conducted in order to obtain reliable conclusions.


By the way, there used to be a band called Placebo, didn't there? I never really got into the band, but for some reason I had one of their CDs, and when I went to visit my friends' houses, there was a very high probability that they would have that CD, and they would always reply that they hadn't really listened to it. I wonder if that was a kind of placebo effect...








KANASHIBARI Channel

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿