ヘッダー

2020/12/28

New Version Revision

 

News of a book with a rather intriguing title came in.


New edition of the book "The Music Lover's Brain: Why People Get Hooked on Music" released


It's called "The Music Lover's Brain: Why People Get Hooked on Music," and I'm really attracted to it.


When I went to Amazon's product page, I found out that it will be released on January 17, 2021, and is currently available for pre-order. However, on the same page, in the "People who checked this item also checked these items" section, there was a book with the same title but a different cover.


I wondered what was going on, and when I looked at it, I found that it was the same title, same author and translator, but the release date was March 1, 2010. Then I noticed that the new edition is a "new edition," as it says at the top of the title. In other words, it's a book that has already been released, but it's being released again with a new look.


So, what about the contents? When I hear the word "new edition," I feel as if the contents have been revised, but to be precise, such a thing is called "revision" because the edition is changed. But to be precise, it's called a "revision" because it's a change of edition. A "new edition" purely means a "new publication," which may or may not have additions and corrections.


I don't know if this new edition is revised or not, but it's not always better to be revised, so I might as well buy the old edition. I don't know if the new edition will have any additions or corrections, but if it will have significant additions and corrections, I'd like to wait for the new edition.



KANASHIBARI Channel

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿