ヘッダー

2020/09/01

Big Mistake


I've made a big mistake.

KANASHIBARI radio is a podcast, and it is distributed via SoundCloud. In other words, when you upload files for distribution to your SoundCloud account, they are automatically distributed through the various podcasts.

Among the various podcast services, we've started distributing from "Apple Podcast," "Spotify Podcast," and "Google Podcast," but you can't listen to "Spotify Podcast" now because it says "distributing music is not allowed" among them.

So I've been streaming from Apple Podcast and Google Podcast, and I've been uploading my podcasts to SoundCloud every day, but to my surprise, I've used up all the space available on my free SoundCloud plan.

Of course we knew that the free plan had a capacity limit. But I don't know how I misunderstood the requirement of "up to 3 hours of file length" and thought it was "up to a total of 3 hours of file length per month". 3 hours per month means 348 seconds per day in a month with 31 days, which means that if you keep the average length of a file under 5 minutes and 48 seconds, you'll be able to use it. Even if it looks like it's going to go over, just work on the length of the file a little bit and you'll be fine.

No, no, no, "up to 3 hours total" was "all the time", not "a month". Of course, you can use the unlimited if you go to a paid plan ($144/year), but honestly, I'm not sure how much sense this podcast subscription makes now that I'm not sure how much sense it makes, but I'm not comfortable switching to a paid plan.

The only way to keep it running is to delete the old files every time I add a new one... but I don't want to do that.

Basically, the most important thing in the "meaning of continuity" is "accumulation". If you want to make the same thing, you have to spend the same amount of time to make it, so the more time you spend on it, the more valuable it is. So, I'm not comfortable with the idea of adding new things while deleting old things (or deleting the accumulation).

There are four choices: "switch to a paid SoundCloud plan and continue as is", "find another server with unlimited use", "stop distributing podcasts", or "add new ones while deleting old ones (while deleting my accumulation)", I guess. What should I do?


Spotify_KANASHIBARI
Apple Music_KANASHIBARI

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿