ヘッダー

2020/09/15

Record sales have surpassed CD sales.


I heard that record sales have finally surpassed CD sales in the US.

Record sales overtake CDs for the first time since the 1980s

The CD had already been largely displaced by distribution, but now records have finally overtaken it. Rather than sound quality, I think it's more important to

Want to listen to music easily ⇒ Delivery
I want to enjoy listening to music at home as an experience ⇒ Records

CD's have been outdone by digital distribution in terms of "convenience" and records in terms of "desire to own" and will continue to suffer in the future. Listening to records is a ritual, to put it bluntly. You put it on the turntable, you turn the A-side and the B-side over.

Also, the size of the jackets is very attractive. I'm not greedy, so on the listener's side, I want to own a record with a cool jacket! Or, "I want to decorate my room! I don't have any desire to do so, but as a producer, I'd like to make a record with a big cover and be happy with it.

By the way, I haven't listened to the records themselves in years, but records don't have any bass in them, do they? When I listen to a non-record source (CD or file) from the days when records were the only source of sound, the bass part, which would obviously be obvious nowadays, is not there. What does that mean? If you search for "record bass" or something like that, all you'll find is "what kind of equipment can be used to play it and how good the bass is", but you won't find anything about "no bass" in the first place.

I think I once heard something about "records are cut off the bass at the mastering stage before pressing for ____", but I'm not sure what the ____ part was, nor am I sure I ever really heard that story in the first place. The bass in rock and pop records is thin, but don't classical records have a lot of bass? If that's the case, I wonder if it's not the nature of the recording medium called "record". It's all a bit of a blur.

I'm now tempted to get a record player and try it out. Is this how greed is generated?


Spotify_KANASHIBARI
Apple Music_KANASHIBARI

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿