ヘッダー

2020/08/31

Appalachian Mountains


When I say banjo, I mean "Mexico!" for now. I thought. But after I wrote yesterday's article, I found out that the origin of the banjo was in America.

It seems to have originated in the southern part of the United States and Appalachia, where Africans who were forced to become slaves made the first banjos after the instruments they were familiar with in Africa (from Wikipedia, of course).

Appalachia...I heard "Appalachian Mountains!" in my ear a long time ago. Appalachians! When I looked it up, I found out that it's "a hill or mountain range located in Canada and the northeastern part of the United States, extending from northeast to southwest for about 2,600 km". I remember when I was in elementary school (or was it?) I feel like that part of the map has been painted over. The Appalachian Mountains" is a perfect word for it, isn't it?

Anyway, I heard that the origin of the banjo is the United States. Banjo music is mainly associated with "country" and "bluegrass". To be honest, I don't really listen to either of them. But the banjo is a major instrument in both rock and pop music, isn't it? I can't think of any songs with a banjo in them other than "Silver Missiles And Nightingales," which I wrote about yesterday. No, no, no, I'm sure there are quite a few. I don't like banjos that sound light, I like the ones that sound a little melancholy and dead. Seriously, I can't remember a single song. Hmmm... I don't know how to look up that kind of music.

Also, I heard that banjo is written "班卓琴" or "班祖琴" in Chinese characters.


Spotify_KANASHIBARI
Apple Music_KANASHIBARI

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿