ヘッダー

2021/02/04

Self-mashup

 

I needed to change the melody and lyrics of one part of a song, so I ported over a part of another song, and it turned out surprisingly well. Since both songs were composed by me, the mashup became self-contained. In other words, a self-mashup. I can't tell you how good it feels to get it right. I can eat three bowls of rice with this mashup.


For those of you who don't know what a mashup is, it's "a musical technique in which one vocal track and one accompaniment track are taken from two or more songs, and mixed and layered together as if they were originally a song" (by Waykipudua (Wikipedia)).


By the way, a long time ago, I tweeted a mashup video of me playing Guns N' Roses' Mr. Brownstone to Def Cut's R.I.P. Marcos (Unity Posse). It's not strictly a mashup, but more of a "mashup-like" one. However, if I hadn't played the guitar riff of Mr. Brownstone, but had extracted it from a CD or other sound source and layered it on top of the guitar riff, this would be a great mashup.


I've been wanting to make a mashup of various songs (not my own). However, I wonder if it's difficult to make them public due to the copyright of the original songs. I'm sure I'll want to release it once I've made it, though. I guess I should record it on a cassette tape and sell it secretly on the street, like a mix tape.





KANASHIBARI Channel

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿