ヘッダー

2021/01/15

Your dreams

 

It's not about what you want to achieve in the future, but about a series of ideas and mental images that you feel as if they were real experiences during sleep.


I don't think it's completely clear why we dream during sleep, but I'm pretty sure it's because we're trying to organize and consolidate our memories. While we are sleeping, our brains organize the information we have seen and heard into genres, and work to pull it out and put it together from our memory storehouse. The dream is the replaying of this process in the brain, which is why the story of the dream is sometimes incoherent.


A long time ago, I went to a library and devoured a lot of books about dreams. Even though I have been intrigued by dreams since I was a child, I can't remember now why I wanted to know so much about them as if I was possessed by something at that time. However, I do remember that among the many theories swirling around dream research, the one that made the most sense to me was that they are what we see when our brains are "organizing and fixing memories" while we sleep. The brain has an infinite world inside of it, and I'm really intrigued by it.


The reason why I'm writing about this today is because I haven't touched my bass guitar for a few days, but yesterday I picked it up for the first time in a long time, and it turned out to be really good. If you play an instrument, you'll know that technical things don't get better day by day as you practice, but rather, they suddenly get better when what you've practiced is organized in your brain and takes root. So, when you pick up your instrument after a long time, you might think, "I can play now what I couldn't play before! Oh, lucky me! It happens all the time. In other words, while you were away from your instrument, your brain organized the technical information you practiced while you were asleep, and as a result, it became fixed in your memory.


I thought about this when I picked up my bass guitar for the first time in a while. Come to think of it, I've been dreaming a lot lately.



KANASHIBARI Channel

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿