ヘッダー

2021/01/24

A melancholy, explosive rock song

 

The Hellacopters broke up once, but I wonder if they ever reunited?


I've written before about what kind of band HANOI ROCKS and Motörhead would become if they combined in "HANOI ROCKS and Motörhead", but I think the first and second albums of The Hellacopters are probably the closest to the sound of HANOI ROCKS and The Hellacopters' first and second albums are probably the closest to the combined sound of HANOI ROCKS and Motörhead. It's "bombastic rock with a hint of melancholy". It's a masterpiece.


Backyard Babies' second album is also a masterpiece like that, but The Hellacopters' first and second albums are closer to the sound of HANOI ROCKS and Motörhead combined. Especially in the "melancholy" part.


The Hellacopters went more and more into the "dead rock" direction after the third album, and there was no Motörhead smell at all, and Backyard Babies was like that after the third album. Motörhead, or Lemmy for that matter, was a blast from start to finish.


I've never seen The Hellacopters live, but I've seen Backyard Babies a few times. I've written before that "The Wildhearts' show at Shibuya-AX is one of the top three shows I've ever seen", and one of the two Backyard Babies shows I saw at Shibuya-AX is one of them. No, it wasn't AX, it was Quattro. Anyway, I don't remember if it was their first or second visit to Japan, but they played for about 40 minutes without any intermissions or MCs, and it was really cool.


I don't know if it was the first time or the second time, but they played for about 40 minutes without any intermissions.



KANASHIBARI Channel

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿