ヘッダー

2021/01/13

22 stories full of fantasy and poetic sentiment

 

I just finished reading "Golden Apples of the Sun.


I'm so glad I did. It was really good. That's right. It's not "interesting" but "good.


For the record, this book is a collection of short stories, but as I mentioned in a previous article, I had read "Sound of Thunder" when I was a child, and it was so shocking to my childhood mind that I decided to read the original story again.


I was expecting the whole story to be creepy or horrific, since "The Sound of Thunder" was rather creepy, but it was totally different. I was wondering how to explain this kind of thing, and I found it written on the back cover of the book.


"22 stories full of fantasy and poetic sentiment.


That's right. It's very poetic, isn't it? It's not a poem, it's a story. And it's fantastic. Many of them don't have a clear ending, so it's more like "enjoying the world view" rather than "enjoying the story. So it was more "good" than "interesting. I really like novels that can "win" in terms of setting, in other words, novels where the setting of the story itself is outstanding.


Also, the choice of words and the writing itself is very good. I wonder if this is due to the skill of the translator. And the illustrations are also great.


I can understand why Shinichi Hoshi respected Ray Bradbury so much. I'm going to read his other books, too.



KANASHIBARI Channel

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿