ヘッダー

2021/01/23

Compression with cassette tape


 It seems that the popularity of cassette tapes is slowly increasing as people go back to analog.


The first thing that strikes me about cassette tapes is their good looks. Records are great, but if I had to choose between the looks of records and cassette tapes, I'd go with cassette tapes. I don't think there's any comparison, though. I don't have a player for either of them.


In terms of sound, cassette tapes have an effect called "tape compression," which compresses (crushes) excessively input sound, and it's quite excellent. In the case of digital tape, over-input of sound only results in "crackling" that hurts the ears, but with analog tape, the sound is compressed by "tape compression" and becomes thick, rough, and pleasant to the ear. It's kind of amazing, isn't it?


In the distant past, I had a frustrating experience of trying to mix cassette tape recordings with digital recordings, but I'm confident that I can do it well now. But now I'm confident that I can do it well. Well, there are a lot of plug-ins for that kind of thing now, so I can recreate it without actually using real analog tapes.


I'm not greedy, so I don't have any desire to collect cassette tapes! I don't have any desire to collect cassette tapes, but I do like to make things, so I think the process of creating a cassette tape work of art would be fun. I'm excited about the idea of dividing the song order into A-side and B-side, and creating a jacket that size.





KANASHIBARI Channel

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿