ヘッダー

2021/01/14

A lot of 12-inch records

 

I've written a few times in this note about the trends in the analog record industry, but suddenly I remembered that there were 12-inch records crammed into cardboard boxes and left at the Kanashibari base. Suddenly I remembered that I had a cardboard box full of 12-inch records left at the Kanashibari base.


The records were obtained from a certain source, and there must be about 100 of them. I'd forgotten about them, or rather, I'd been looking at them every day because they were always in plain sight, but they'd become a part of my room.


I took a quick look at it again, and it seems to be mostly (or all) black music 12-inch singles. I don't have a player, so I don't know if it's hip-hop, R&B, or black music in general, but from the look of the cover and the fact that it's all 12-inch singles, it smells like that.


I don't know if it's R&B or black music in general, but the cover and the fact that it's all 12-inch singles give me a whiff of that type of music. There are many different versions of the same song. Does this count as a maxi single? I don't know much about that, so I'm not sure.


By the way, all of Kanashibari's CDs are 6-song EPs, but nowadays, EPs are called "works that contain too many songs to be called singles, but not enough to be called albums. However, EP originally stands for "Extended Play," and an EP is said to be "an extended 45 rpm release with an extended groove.


I just did some research and found out that "the left and right amplitudes become larger for songs with a lot of low frequencies. This means that since the surface area of a record is limited, music with a lot of low frequencies will have a shorter recording time. I wonder if that's why many records have the bass sound cut out to increase the recording time.



KANASHIBARI Channel

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿