ヘッダー

2021/03/21

Jazz Model


Once upon a time, I challenged the Flying V I was using at the time to see how far I could get it to sound like a single coil.

There are a number of differences between single-coil and humbuckers, but to put it simply, single-coil sound is thin, fast rising, and has good separation, while humbucker sound is thick, slow rising, and has poor separation, but has guts. That's a rough description.

For the pickups, I chose SEYMOUR DUNCAN SH-2 pickups, commonly known as the "Jazz Model". The pickup is a SEYMOUR DUNCAN SH-2, also known as the "Jazz Model" pickup, which has a clear tone with emphasis on the high end and a very tight low end. This pickup is usually installed in the front (neck side), but I decided to install it in the rear (bridge side).

The bridge with titanium saddles and the tailpiece made of titanium are used to boost the sound's rise and separation to the level of a red comet (meaning three times higher than normal), and the pegs are a magnum lock type for further separation.

I replaced everything from the volume pot to the wiring materials to increase the rise and separation of the sound, and finally replaced everything except the wood parts.

It didn't have the "crunch" of a single-coil guitar, but it was still a great guitar.

I was reminded of this when I saw a SEYMOUR DUNCAN SH-2 that had come out from the back of the parts shelf.


Speaking of Flying V, Kanashibari. Subscribe to our channel and witness Kanashibari handling the Flying V in all directions!
↓↓↓

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿