ヘッダー

2021/03/23

Dr. Strangelove

 
It's not a song title, but I'm thinking of a title for something.

So I was looking up titles from all over the world, from such and such to such and such, to see if there were any good ones called "titles" that I could use as a reference, and I discovered a shocking fact.

There's "The Abnormal Love of Dr. Seuss," isn't there? It's a black comedy film directed by Stanley Kubrick. I've never seen it, but I know the title very well because it has a strong impact on me.

The original title of "Dr. Strangelove" is "Dr. Strangelove". The literal translation is "Dr. Strangelove". The director, Kubrick, specified that the title of the film should be either the original title or a literal translation, and forbade the use of alternate titles.

It's hard to understand what the movie is about if it's still called "Dr. Strangelove," but he forbade anything other than the original title or a literal translation. So, the people in charge of giving Japanese titles to foreign films that came to Japan narrowed down the original title "Dr. Strangelove" is separated into "Dr.", "Strange" and "love". Then, they directly translated "Dr. = Dr.", "Strange = abnormal", and "love = affection". They connected them together and called it "Dr. Strangelove's Abnormal Love".

Isn't this a great way to make a point? I didn't know what "Dr. Strangelove" was about, but now it's got a really great atmosphere, doesn't it?

I was seriously impressed. It's so cool to use your brain like that. I just took a cool title and did a little research to see if I could use it as a reference. I'm going to try to use it as a reference.

By the way, when I said I was going to use it as a reference, I remembered that at the end of the guitar solo in "Welcome Dead," the music video I released yesterday, I played a phrase from a very famous song.


Kanashibari is as good as Kubrick when it comes to titles alone. Subscribe to our channel and translate Kanashibari's title in your own way!
↓↓↓

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿