ヘッダー

2021/03/27

A Can of Chuhai Named Despair

 
Highball = Whiskey with carbonation
Chuhai = shochu with carbonation

I thought it was "highball". Until now. But it's not.


Highball" is indeed "whiskey with carbonation," but the substitute for it with shochu is "shochu highball," or "chuhai. Originally, "chuhai" was born as a substitute for "highball," so rather than "highball" and "chuhai" being juxtaposed, "chuhai" is positioned as a backward-compatible version of "highball. I've only recently started drinking chuhai, so I didn't know that at all.

The picture above is the "lemon" one, but I tried the "dry" one yesterday, and I was surprised to find that it tasted like whiskey.

I think it tastes like a highball, or "whiskey with carbonation," but the can says "shochu highball" in big letters. It clearly says "The base is shochu.

I thought it tasted like whiskey, but is that shochu? I don't know if it's the preconceived notion of the word "highball," but my taste buds have reached that point. I feel a little hopeless.


The Kanashibari Channel is a ray of light found in the midst of despair. Let's get out of the depths of despair by subscribing to the channel!


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿