ヘッダー

2021/03/30

From 1 CD

 
If you've ever tried to sell something with inventory, you know that you don't want to be carrying inventory.

When a CD label or a band or a musician produces a CD, of course the parties involved are going to have inventory. No matter how huge a warehouse you have, space is finite, and you can't hold an infinite amount of inventory. This is why CDs of bands that have broken up are sometimes discontinued. Of course, even if a band doesn't break up, they often discontinue their CDs due to various reasons.

This is why there is a service called "Disc on Demand". It's a service where you can order a single copy and have it produced to order. Of course, the profit margin that is returned to the artist or label is lower, but the best part is that you don't have to carry inventory, which is a benefit that can turn your whole world upside down.

I haven't used such a service yet, and I don't have any plans to make anything new at the moment, but just the other day I was vaguely thinking that if I were to make another CD, I might as well use Disc On Demand.

Then, today, I heard the news that Amazon's "Amazon Disc on Demand" will be discontinued.

I thought, "Oh, maybe there weren't enough users," so I looked into it, but I wondered if Amazon had made such an announcement. I couldn't find any such announcement from Amazon, but I did see a few companies other than Amazon withdrawing their services. I didn't see any such announcement from Amazon, but I did see a few companies other than Amazon withdrawing from the market, so I guess it's not that popular.

So, when I took a closer look at the contents of the "Disc on Demand" service, I realized that it's not for "CDs" but for "CD-Rs". It's natural to think of it as a "one copy minimum" service, but I guess that might be a point of resistance for the general public.

It doesn't matter if it's a CD or CD-R, the music inside is the same.


The only place where you can check out Kanashibari's new songs, which are currently not planned to be released on CD or CD-R, is on the Kanashibari Channel! Hurry up and subscribe to the channel!
↓↓↓
KANASHIBARI Channel

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿