ヘッダー

2020/10/03

Tidying up


I was cleaning out my room when I came across a document.

It's the data for the first time in my life, a long time ago, when I released a CD nationwide.

As I recall, it had been about a year since I formed my band, and I was thinking that I wanted to release CDs nationwide, when I happened to find a book called "How to make a label" in a used bookstore. In that book, it was written about how to release the CDs I had made on a nationwide basis through distribution.

We bought the book and after reading it, we immediately started recording the CD (we even set up a microphone and recorded it ourselves), asked an engineer we knew (who is now a great guy) to let us use a studio owned by a famous band to mix it, and then mastered it... When I first learned about the book, I had it mastered at a mastering studio, and since I couldn't use any software such as illustrator, I asked a guy I knew who worked at a design company to make the jacket data for me, and then I went to a press company and pressed the CD, and it was published in the book. I contacted all the distributors (wholesalers who distribute CDs) one by one and made a contract with one of them, and then the CD was released nationwide with great joy.

At that time, I went to the CD store by myself to do sales (basically, distributors are a company that handles distribution, so they don't do sales), but the distributors were in constant contact with me to let me know the initial order status. I would go to the distributor. At the time, all that correspondence was by fax (I bought a fax machine for that purpose), so I still had the order data from the fax machine.

So, for my first nationwide release, I didn't sign a contract with an indie label to release my CD, but I did everything myself, from everything to the very last thing. It's strange to think that I'm still running SICK IN RECORDS, which I launched with only the thought that "I want to sell CDs all over the country" at that time.

By the way, when I look at the data for the orders, I sincerely feel that there were so many CD stores back then.





Spotify_KANASHIBARI

Apple Music_KANASHIBARI

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿