ヘッダー

2020/10/13

Crazy about the mixdown

 

Starting with "Beasts" released on September 28th, "Itai no Kami" will be released on October 5th, and then "Itai no Kami" will be released on Youtube one after another.


Of course we have the next song ready to be released on Youtube (we've only had two songs yet), but we've been working on the next song as well.


I used to mix the songs myself a long time ago, but I've been asking my main engineer to do it for a long time now. The reason for this is that I'm not a professional engineer and I lacked the amount of experience in this field, so the trial and error process took a long time, and I couldn't spend my time on the things I should have been doing, which led to a complete disaster.


But now, for the first time in a long time, Ore-sama is mixing music until it's complete.


This is because I'm currently mixing and arranging the music. Normally, we would record a song that has already been arranged and then mix it together. We don't change the arrangement at that point. But now it's just me. I have a lot of ideas for arrangements while mixing, so I try to put them into the mix each time. At the moment, I'm prioritizing those ideas over mixing techniques.


I'm a poor mix engineer, but the other day I found out about an amazing technique (it's a bit of a problem if you write it all in katakana). It may not be a big deal in the mix engineering world, but for me, as a poor mix engineer, it's a big deal.


So I try to do that. It's a privilege to be able to experiment with these things as much as I want. I'm enjoying that kind of fun to the fullest.


I didn't know there was such a technique. I've been wondering why my mixes aren't as good as they could be. I know it's a bit crude, but I'm sure I have more knowledge and experience than the average studio guy who mixes in the area from time to time, but it was an eye opener. It's scary not knowing.


It was scary that I didn't know about it.







Spotify_KANASHIBARI

Apple Music_KANASHIBARI

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿