ヘッダー

2020/10/14

Checkbox to Future City

 

I don't know why, but it doesn't feel like today is Friday. But it's actually Wednesday. It's strange.


That reminds me of the day of the week, but I'd like to report back to you on the matter I wrote about in The Checkbox Mystique.


The "checkbox mystery" is simply this: when I shopped online last Thursday around noon, I dared to order without checking the "Saturday delivery" box in the hope that it might arrive on Friday, and I didn't even get a shipping notice until Saturday evening.


However, after I posted that article, I received an email at midnight on Saturday night saying that the product was shipped today, and it arrived on Sunday. I thought it would be shipped on Monday, because the shop seemed to be closed on Sunday, but we avoided that situation.


I'm so glad I didn't. It would have been better if I could have used it on Saturday night, but this was unavoidable. I've already been using it like a demon since Sunday when it arrived.


Anyway, the world where you can buy a product with a single button (actually it takes a few clicks) and it arrives immediately is like a future city in a short story by Shinichi Hoshi. Oh, I'm starting to want to read Hoshi Shinichi's short shorts.





Spotify_KANASHIBARI

Apple Music_KANASHIBARI

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿