ヘッダー

2020/10/16

Prophecy of Mr. N.

 

Because I wrote myself "Hoshi Shinichi's Short Shorts" the other day in "The Trap Trap of the 'Checkbox'", I got curious and did a little research and this is what I found.


Was Shinichi Hoshi a prophet? Seven short-short predictions of the future.


I mean, I wonder how many of you know Mr. Shinichi Hoshi? Shinichi Hoshi is a Japanese science fiction writer who has created a huge amount of original work in the "short-short" genre of novels, the "short shorts". By the way, the name of the main character in his short shorts is usually "Mr. Nuh".


So, if you look at the article linked above, you'll see that seven of the prophecies that Shinichi Hoshi predicted in his works have practical applications in the modern world.


Prophecy 1. Shopping for immediate delivery of goods / "Misalignment" (published in 1960)

Prophecy 2. Deciphering Ancient Documents / "Ancient Treasures" (published in 1965)

Prophecy 3. Smartphones/"Universal Spy Supplies" (released in 1966)

Prophecy 4. Robot working in a bar/"Bokko-chan" (1958)

Prophecy 5: My Number / "Give Me Your Number" (published in 1968)

Prophecy 6. Perfect Food / "The Forbidden Order" (published in 1966)

Prophecy 7. YouTuber/"The Age of Propaganda" (1969)


Well, I'll let you see the linked article for more details, but, hmmm, some of it sounds like a complication. Prophecy 1, "shopping for products delivered immediately," sounds similar to today's online shopping, but I guess it's different. It's kind of like the "Nobita's desk drawer is the entrance to a time machine" kind of future that's really exciting, isn't it?


By the way, the last time I devoured Hoshi Shinichi's works was when I was in elementary school, and even though I still can't remember the details, the worldview has stuck in my head. It's just so unique, it's a strange feeling to read it. It's futuristic and inorganic.


But what I was surprised to find out is that all of the works listed in this book were written in the 1960s. I didn't know you wrote that thing 60 years ago! Good luck! Normally, if you depict the "future," it will eventually become "old-fashioned," but Shinichi Hoshi's work doesn't have that, and in a way, it's an extremely universal work.





Spotify_KANASHIBARI

Apple Music_KANASHIBARI

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿