ヘッダー

2020/10/23

Smashing Pumpkins


 

You love Smashing Pumpkins, don't you? I love Smashing Pumpkins, and Smashing Pumpkins or "Sumapan" as they're known, are a band of an era, along with the likes of Nirvana.


However, the band's history was cut short in my mind with the "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" album, which was followed by the "Adore" and "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" albums. After that, "Adore" and "Machina/The Machines of God" didn't ring a bell, as the band eventually broke up.


I knew they had reunited... but I just looked at Oweckenpeddeuah (Wikipedia) and to my surprise, they didn't reunite until 2006. That long ago! I thought it was like five years ago!


One of Smappan's most famous works is Melon Collie and the Never-Ending Sorrow. The one I like best is "Siamese Dream", but the one that sold the most was "Melon Collie", and I think it's safe to say that it's their masterpiece.


Sumapan, who reunited almost 15 years ago, is going to release a new album next year, and it seems to be a sequel to "Melon Collie.


Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)


Smashing Pumpkins Sequel Album to "Melon Collie and the Endless Sadness" to be Released in 2021


And according to the article, "Melon Collie~" is the first in a trilogy of concept albums, and the second in the trilogy is "Machina/The Machines of God (Machina)".


Oh dear. I didn't know those two albums were conceptually connected.


I listened to "Melon Collie" a lot, but "Machina" doesn't leave a lasting impression on me at all, except for the first track (the first track is cool). I have a much different impression of the album. I haven't listened to the lyrics at all, so I don't understand the connection between the two in terms of worldview.


I was curious, so I listened to some of the more recent songs, but I wonder if they don't do the "the roaring sound" thing like they used to do anymore. I'd love to hear the latest type of "beautiful roar" played by Smapan.


Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)





Spotify_KANASHIBARI

Apple Music_KANASHIBARI




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿