ヘッダー

2020/11/26

Thick and hard

 

As I wrote in "The Bass Strings Are Dead", after much deliberation about when to replace the bass strings, I finally bought new bass strings.


The strings themselves arrived on the 23rd, though. When I was ready to replace them, I realized that the nippers I had were too shoddy to cut the bass strings, or even the guitar strings.


The nippers I had were so crappy that it was extremely difficult to cut the bass strings, or even the guitar strings in some cases.


So I bought additional nippers in a hurry. It's an amazing nipper that can easily cut off bass strings or any other strings.


The awesome nippers arrived yesterday, so I immediately re-strung them!


I reupholstered it, but...


The strings are thick, aren't they?


It's definitely thicker than the last time, right?


The one I bought last time and the one I bought this time, the thickness is the same in the description, but the manufacturer is different. The last one is Ernie Ball, and this one is D'Addario. I heard a rumor that the D'Addario strings last longer than the Ernie Ball ones, so I tried it out a little bit.


No, no, I mean, they're thicker, aren't they?


Notetically, both are the same as "045, .065, .085, and .105". As for the sound, Ernie Ball is a little more sparkly or crisp, and D'Addario's is more pristine. The differences in this area are the same as with guitar strings. I prefer Ernie Ball for guitar strings, but I think I prefer D'Addario for bass guitar strings.


But they are thicker.


I wonder if it's not the thickness of the strings that makes them thicker, but the hardness of the strings. I've never felt any difference in the hardness of guitar strings from different manufacturers. I don't know if it's just my imagination. I don't know if it's just my imagination.


I don't know if this is possible. Did I mess up something that caused the tension of the strings to change when I put them on?






Spotify_KANASHIBARI


Apple Music_KANASHIBARI

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿