ヘッダー

2020/07/25

Quiet on the Holidays



Holidays are quiet, aren't they?

I'm not speaking figuratively or in a romanticized way, but rather in terms of "volume" or "dB (decibel)". By the way, "dB (decibel)" is a unit for expressing the intensity of sound.

I've been thinking for a while, but I think holidays are definitely quieter than weekdays. In short, the noise level of the world (or my surroundings) is lower on the days when business and classes are off than on the days when they are not.

It's not that I live in an office district, or next to a school, or in front of a station. I don't live in an office district, next to a school, or in front of a station. There aren't many people around here, whether it's a weekday or a holiday, but the difference in volume between weekdays and weekends is pretty big.

Does this mean that the sound of people's footsteps and conversations on their way to work or school, as well as the sounds of cars passing by on the main street a little farther away, have piled up like a pile of dust, and as a result the noise level on weekdays has risen?

It is said that the level of quietness in daily life is 45dB or less, so it is 35dB on weekends and 45dB on weekdays (although it is quiet on weekdays too). But I can't hear people's footsteps or voices on weekdays or holidays, and I can't hear a car noise either, so the difference in quietness between weekdays and holidays is very strange to me.

The noise level in my room is very high these days, because the tabletop blower I bought the other day makes about 65dB of noise.


Spotify_KANASHIBARI
Apple Music_KANASHIBARI

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿