ヘッダー

2020/07/18

Xotic EP Booster



SICK IN RECORDS' used effects department has just received an EP Booster from Xotic.

https://sickin.thebase.in/items/31673688

If you're a guitarist, you've probably heard of that name at least. I'm not so sure. This is a great device that simulates the preamp effect of the famous "Echoplex". By the way, the Echoplex is a big old tape echo, but rather than the echo effect, the Echoplex is an effect pedal that many guitarists used because the preamp part of the Echoplex made the sound thicker just by passing it through.

The EP Booster is the one that reproduces the preamp effect of Echoplex.

It may sound a little weird, but this effect pedal is simply a "just pass it through and it sounds better" effect pedal. It's serious. If you turn the knob to the right, you can make the sound a lot louder (boost), but the key is that you can make the sound better just by threading it through. Of course, I use it too.

The only drawback is that the sound can be too blunt in some cases. It's the same with all instruments, but it's not always good to stand out. There are times when I need to hide in the background and look for an opening, but even then, the sound of this effector stands out in a strange way. Even with this effect pedal turned all the way to the left, the sound gets louder than when it's off, so if you turn it off because the sound is noticeable, the volume gets too low. It's a little difficult to adjust the volume of the sound.

By the way, if you open the back cover of this effect pedal, there is a dip switch inside, and you can adjust the tone in detail. I've heard some people say that they have tried using the EP Booster but it wasn't very good, but I'm sure those people haven't touched the dip switches. By the way, I have both dip switches on.

After writing up to this point, I noticed that "this effect pedal sounds louder with the knobs turned all the way to the left than it does with the dipswitches," which I wrote above, may be because I have both of the dipswitches turned on. I don't know if it's because I've heard that the specifications of the dipswitches change depending on the year they were made.

So, this is a good one, regardless of the genre of music. It's one of the few effects pedals that I can say with certainty that it's one of the best. By the way, it can be driven by both 18V and 9V, but I recommend using 18V by far!


Spotify_KANASHIBARI
Apple Music_KANASHIBARI

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿