ヘッダー

2020/07/23

Pick

I went through quite a bit of picking history before I came across the picks I'm using now. There was a time when I was touring quite a bit with my old band, and back then, whenever I found a music store, I would go in and try out every single pick I could find, which was often laughed at by the band members at the time.

In the end, we came up with this one.

The extremely durable polyacetal picks are printed with a fine particle powder to prevent slipping. This is a great tool for intense picking.
www.soundhouse.co.jp
I haven't had an affair since I got this thing. I used to drop my pick a lot during a gig, but since I got these, I don't drop my pick as often as I used to during a gig.

Also, with some picks, the tips of the picks get chipped off, depending on the material they're made of, but there's no such thing. It just comes off more naturally (for me). Until I met this, I often thought, "It's easy to play and hard to drop, but if it's a little bit sharpened, it'll get caught on the string (or the sharpening is much faster than it should be).

The thickness of the pick changes how easy it is to play, but I think you can get used to the thickness to some extent. Of course everyone has their own favorite thickness. But it's not easy to get used to the "ease of dropping" and "shaving", and it's not easy to get used to it.

That's why I'm very reluctant to make an original pick. I feel like the only thing I can make is something that's harder to play than this.

I'm not really driven by the need to make my own picks.




Spotify_KANASHIBARI
Apple Music_KANASHIBARI

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿